BATON | Enterprise-class Automated File-based QC
M/L & AI Enabled
Interra Systems' BATON is the leading M/L and AI enabled automated QC platform that provides comprehensive quality and compliance checks for VOD content, in the cloud / on-premises, for linear and streaming workflows. The hybrid QC solution implements organizational QC policy to support a combination of automated and manual QC checks – the result is a well-integrated and efficient broadcast workflow. BATON is used by global broadcast, cable, telco, satellite, IPTV, over-the-top (OTT), and post-production markets and archiving companies working with file-based content. BATON is the trusted choice for all their
file-based QC needs, available both on-premise and in the cloud.
BATON supports a wide range of media formats and offers comprehensive quality checks,
including extensive subtitles and CC verification, audio language identification, PSE correction, loudness detection and correction. BATON’s powerful
Media Player for frame-accurate review, rich QC analytics and smart workflow tools are the best in class in the industry.
BATON's scalable architecture lets users expand their BATON set up as their QC needs grow. BATON's high availability feature guarantees
business continuity even if some of the hardware components break down.
Interra Systems' widely-acclaimed technical support ensures that customers are always up and running.
BATON+ for Extensive QC Trend Analysis
BATON+ is an add-on tool that offers extensive QC trend analysis across multiple BATON systems to improve workflow efficiency.
Read more →
BATON WINNOW is a powerful AI/ML based software for content classification with a focused approach for broadcast workflows
Read more →
BATON Media Player (BMP)
BMP is an industry grade media player with options for SDI playout. The integrated desktop-based player works in sync with BATON for fast,
frame-accurate manual review of content.
Read more →
BATON Content Corrector (BCC)
BCC auto-corrects a host of audio, video and metadata errors detected by BATON in the media files.
Read more →
Features & Benefits
- Simplified and a very user friendly interface
- Available for both Mac and Windows
- User management & access control
- Task scheduling & monitoring
- Hybrid QC platform with a combination of automated & manual QC checks on content
- ML/AI enabled QC solution
- Extensive time code related checks including start TC / discontinuity / GOP / LTC, VITC and more
- Supports SD, HD, UHD, 4K Mixed workflows
- Supports VAST formatted ads
- Supports S3, Spectrum, Azure Blob Storage AMP, Avid Interplay and Google Cloud Servers, HTTP Server, IBM Cloud Object Storage, OpenStack Swift based storage
- Rich reporting features:
- Multi-language reports
- Multi-view reports in HTML, XML, PDF and Excel
- Reports based on analytics, timeline, content structure and thumbnails
- Incremental reports of tasks in progress
- Compact reports to analyze verification summary
- Options to comment, tag, rate and compare reports
- Configurable e-mail, HTTP alerts including SNMP
- Assess the health of BATON environment through an intuitive interface
- Configurable alerts
- Built-in Test Plans for various Standards and Workflows such as DPP, iTunes, Netflix, Cable Labs, ARD_ZDF, Ingest, Playout and more
- Compliance to media standards and regulatory requirements
- Quick content profiling without verification
- Detect language of the audio tracks
- Support for SOAP, XML-RPC, and REST APIs
- BMP lists manual quality checks enabled in the Test Plan, allowing users to add necessary errors, as well as mark each manual task as reviewed
- BMP is also available in standalone mode to playback media files
- Comprehensive online help